Teaching Online in the Blended Classroom
Join us in learning skills and techniques to teach in an online/blended classroom environment! (A blended classroom may have student/teacher meet online and in person.) Participants in this six-week online course will examine the new learning environment for teachers and students made possible through the effective use of online tools. You can participate in this course while relaxing at home (or while on vacation) be using a Moodle Platform and “GoToWebinar” for weekly synchronous discussions.
1. Explore research and best practices outlining strategies to encourage active learning, interaction, participation and collaboration in the online environment.
2. Explore a variety of online resources and Web 2.0 tools which can be incorporated into online/blended learning units.
3. Design a standards-based online instructional unit, with assessments, incorporating research and best practice principles and potential modifications for students with special needs.
4. Develop online/blended learning experiences which promote student success through regular feedback, prompt response and clear expectations.
5. Outline a plan to model, guide & encourage legal, ethical, safe & healthy behavior related to technology use.